Wednesday Word: Courage

3.12.2013

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
What is the first picture that comes to your mind when you think of courage? Is it the image of a person rescuing an individual from a car crash, burning building, or some other extreme situation?
I will agree that those moments definitely require courage, and I admire the courageous people who help sacrificially in moments of crisis.


Crisis moments are to be honored but they are also rare. So are we not courageous unless we doing something news worthy? Do we just wait for the BIG moment to display courage? NO and NO!
Courageous living is happening now. We must not forget that courage is developed and exercised in the day to day things. Everyday moments is where courage is born.


In all seasons of life you will experience moments when the majority is moving in one direction and your convictions are moving you in the other. It will require courage to stand. There are situations when to do what is right will involve working harder than others.

If the easy way is the cheating way, it will take integrity and courage to do work the right way.

Its always worth it because after you've focused, pressed, and stood courageously you will look up and find there were others standing with you.

Whatever your station, age, occupation, or status build that courage muscle. Stand for something. Be strong, Be courageous.

Till Next Time.
Choose Courage you are inspiring someone.

Jacqueline

10 comments:

MikiHope said...

Courage to stand alone is hard-I know-many times I stand alone on a subject. But if you truly believe then you will withstand the constant criticism--just don't forget to also keep an open mind-this also takes courage!

J a c q u e l i n e M u k w e t o said...

I agree miki. Like the times I realize whoops I was wrong and I have to admit it. Takes courage to admit when your wrong. Thanks for visiting!!!!

Kim Croisant said...

Courage the Lion. Someone gave me a small square - pure glass of a lion and he said it stands for courage. Though he was a guy I dated before meeting my husband, I still keep this little block around and remember why this guy gave it to me. It does take courage to step out on your own. Thanks for this wonderful upbeat message!!!

Alaina Bullock said...

I love that saying! Courage comes in so many forms, and sometimes is such a hard thing to gather! I have to agree with Miki, too: it takes a lot of courage to stand up and admit that you were wrong!

AMBER EDWARDS said...

We are trying to instill courage in our children. It is hard because peer pressure is such an issue, but I keep trying to teach them, they have to have Courage and stand up for what is right. It is true without daily practice of courage, then when a big issue arise, you won't have the strength behind you nor experience to exercise courage and go against the flow.

Andrea Kruse said...

I don't think anything in my life prepared me for the courage I needed to be a mother. It has presented some of the biggest challenges and moments that others may have called courageous but I faced head-on as a determined mom. In the moment I would like to think we would all shine courageously, sometimes putting too much thought into an action allows for self-doubt to creep in.

J a c q u e l i n e M u k w e t o said...

Some things you definitly have to respond in the heat of the moment. Motherhood also strengths and develops us for other things. Balance is the key we cant overthink but we must also be intentional.

Mama to 4 said...

I always turn to the Lord for any courage or strength - because I have none without Him :)

Conservamom said...

Sometimes it feels that with Age come Courage. Thanks for this great reminder to stand strong :)

amy2blessings said...

Courage to do something you can't do, but with God's help you can.

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos