God gave us Easter Tour

2.28.2013


Welcome to the Easter Egg Blog Hop! 

Today I am hosting the second stop along this ten-stop-hop.

What’s the Easter Egg Blog Hop? Learn more about it here, and join the fun!

In celebration of Lisa Tawn Bergren’s newest book in the God Gave Us series, God Gave Us Easter, I’m talking with her today about writing. What inspires her, her process, and some information on the God Gave Us series.


Do you have a dream of being a writer? 
Do you feel like God has given you a story to tell? 
Maybe you’ll find some inspiration in this interview with Lisa!

Don’t forget to look out for today’s Easter Egg!

Today’s Easter Egg: What inspired Lisa to write the God Gave Us series? Head on over to the entry form and let us know. (Feel free to summarize your answer)
Hi, Lisa! Thanks for joining us today! 


Chez Mukweto: When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
Lisa Bergren: I always wanted to be a writer. I didn't think I was until I’d published four or five books. There just seemed to be something audacious in claiming I was “a writer”!



CM: Do you have a different writing process for children’s books than other things?
LB: It’s far more conceptual, and half the process is thinking through what I want to see as the picture that goes along with my text. I write the text, then go back and write my ideas for the illustrations.

CM: What inspired you to write the God Gave Us series?
LB: My kids were little and I was thinking about how I wished there was an “I love you” book that incorporated God. Months later, God woke me up in the middle of the night and gave me the whole idea. He kept nudging me until I got up in the middle of the night to write it down, and 1.5 hours later, I had my biggest-selling book ever. It’s out-sold all my other books combined. God is funny, in how he chooses to provide! NOTE: For today’s egg, you can just say, “GOD!”

CM: Who are some of your favorite picture book authors and illustrators?
LB: I love the OLIVIA books—adore the style and humor; Maurice Sendak’s WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE; Sandra Boynton’s books for little ones; and Wise’s BIG RED BARN.

CM: How much of your writing for children and teens do you share with your own kids? Are they a “first reader” for you?
LB: I’ve shared all my books with them first, but until there are pictures, they don’t really have a feel for it.


Thank you for chatting with us today! And thank you, readers, for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop!


LINKS:


2 comments:

Lisa Tawn Bergren said...

Thanks so much for hosting me on your blog!!

Brooke said...

Chez - I hosted the sixth stop of this blog tour yesterday and am just now coming around to the other stops to say "hi"! What a fun interview. I hadn't thought about how writing a children's book would be so different from Lisa's YA/adult books, so I enjoyed reading what she had to say.

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos