Have you ever had one of those days, weeks, months or seasons where you are in a funk? Everything just seems blahhhh your unmotivated , lacking focus and unhappy?
Next thing you know you find yourself complaining and forgetting all the wonderful people you're thankful for and the precious life you have.
What can we do to get out of the Slump ?
This is extremely simplified but its a place to start...
- No need to pretend nothings wrong. Acknowledge it , write it down, say it out loud to yourself see if it sounds as overwhelming out loud. (whatever works) but pin point what exactly has you down. If its 10 things write them all down. ( You might find they all have one common root).
- Once you've acknowledged it don't keep repeating it. This is often the hardest part. We want to tell our friends, our spouse who ever will listen all of our irritations over and over and over. Don't do it.
- Lets say you figure out what the root issue is and its more than you can handle. Hey, that's okay ask for help.
- For me that meant Praying. Asking God for wisdom on how move forward, asking for courage to act, and grace in the journey forward
- If you aren't at a place where you feel you can pray. Talk to a trusted friend or family. I have even asked friends to pray with and/or for me. The point is we can not carry all of our heartaches alone. Share it with someone you trust and that can help move you forward.
- Some cloudy moments are simple to fix and you just need to get up, shower singing loudly, and dress for the kind of day you want to have. Bam! I admit some days I am right here.
- Other times it's much much deeper and will require a little more renewing of your heart and mind. It will involve removing the lies you are believing about yourself and your circumstance by replacing them with truth that heals and restores.
- Talk about all the blessings in your life. Speaking differently alone can lighten the burden on your back and carry you to a place of gratitude