Day 2: Get your daily bread Not your daily Gossip

11.03.2012

This is very straight forward. 
What you listen to, hear, read, think about has an affect on you. That is why after hearing good news you feel good. Or certain songs excite you or calm you. There are many examples.

The most common gratitude blocker is the Mind. Most of the negative message I was listening to was not from T.V. or friends. Most of the negative self defeating patterns came from me. 
I was thinking, speaking, believing negative things about my life, my circumstances and more. When I realized that I was feeding myself negativity I had to changed my thought diet.

truee..
source

I had to stop speaking negative things about my circumstance. There is always a positive spin to every circumstance. 

It was essential for me to surrounded myself with people who spoke positively about life, motherhood and difficult situations. It's Not that words need to be sugar coated nor do they have to flatter . It's simple Uplifting people are realistic, joy filled and practical .They do not drown everything with doubt, fear, and hopelessness. Instead they hold you up and get you to shore when your life is flooded with fear, doubt, and hopelessness.

In addition to surrounding myself with those that speak truth in Love. I made it a part of my routine to read the bible regularly, listen to pod casts, and sermons about the blessing of motherhood  began to encourage and renew my mind.

With all that listening going on, guess what that meant?
I was not talking as much...
In order to listen and learn you must be silent. 
At times that meant limiting my social time. Times where I was tempted to complain and "vent". Talking is necessary but too much is not usually beneficial.

Now for some of you reading you do not have issues with self defeating thoughts. 
That is awesome! 

Maybe you have issue with listening to gossip. Celebrity gossip? family gossip? work gossip? all those things can be draining and eventually toxic to your thoughts. So avoid that daily dose of gossip and get your daily bread of scripture. Fill your mind with things that will grow you, inspire you, bless you and strengthen you.

Try it today. Pay attention to who and what your listening to. take out the old toxic things and replace them with new refreshing things. You will discover your attitude of Gratitude will grow.

9 comments:

Kevin L said...

Thanks for a wonderful post and reminding us of our errant ways sometimes. It is so true about our own mind and our thoughts. I am usually a very upbeat positive person but I do notice when negative thoughts hit, it brings me down for sure.

GREAT fantastic post.

J a c q u e l i n e M u k w e t o said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J a c q u e l i n e M u k w e t o said...

Thanks Kevin!

Mudpiesandtiaras said...

Awesome post! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sofia said...

I often see myself as my worst enemy. I am usually the one to make negative comments...I let myself put me down. I am working on it though. Thanks for your post and wise words.

Sofia
From PDX with Love

LisaLisa said...

I love this! I stand by this everyday I don't believe in gossiping and i don't believe in surrounding myself with negative people. It is so much healthier to think positive and to live by example. Great post and have a Bless Day!

Heather McDougle said...

Thanks for the encouraging message. I know most negative things come from my own mind and how I think. I have been working to be more thankful and positive in my life. It really does change a lot.

CrochetBlogger said...

I absolutely agree with your sentiment that it is so important to stop your own negative self-talk and rephrase things in a positive way in order to change your mind and feelings. I always try to remind myself never to say things to myself that I wouldn't say to my mom, my sister or another loved one. That helps me put many things into perspective.

Kim Croisant said...

YOur message hit home for me. I love that saying you posted. Thank you and I totally agree with you...we need to think happier thoughts!!!

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos