Day 1:Negative Thoughts Produce a Negative Harvest

11.01.2012


I am sharing my journey with you in hopes that if you are where I was you can be free. If you are ahead of me you can share wisdom. If you are with me we can share encouragements in the journey. Here we go...

So, I use to envy those women who have always wanted to be mothers and have love love LOVED the position from day one. I did not think motherhood would be a part of my story and so when I became a mom it was hard to re-adjust my dreams and vision for my life. I have to confess I did not like the first 5 years of motherhood. It wasn't that I didn't like my children. It wasn't even the day to day tasks I didn't like.

It was one thing. 

I spent all my mental energy wishing I was in a different situation. 

I was upset I gained weight (shallow I know), I wanted to be able to see my feet.
I was upset we never had enough money, I wanted to go buy what I wanted when I wanted like I did before marriage and children 
I was upset I did not have freedom to come and go as I pleased, because I had to always pack a diaper bag, plan for bottles, and nap times etc 
I envied the freedom my childless friends had
I was upset ...selfish and more.
I'll stop there, it would not edify anyone to continue on all my negative thinking of the past. 


The point is I allowed small circumstances to create a thought pattern that made me envious of others and discontent with my life. So much time was lost. 

I would not want that for you.

If that is where you currently are, I understand. But you do not have to live there. You do not have to let years go by without joy. You can renew your mind and enjoy the life YOU are living. Without envy of another persons journey.

This is the truth.  Jeremiah 29:11



Not all problems can be solved with simple steps. But change can not happen without choosing to change and creating a plan of growth.
These are a few things to consider:

1. Let go of feeling you have to control everything. In my life that meant doing what I knew I had to do, and surrender the rest to God knowing that He is ultimately in control. I could not control when the children would get sick, or how each pregnancy would go, or control my spouse. I only controlled my thoughts, words and actions.

2. Let go of Self Doubt and Self defeating thoughts. Your thoughts have so much power in your life. We will discuss more of this along this journey of gratitude.

*****ATTENTION****MOST IMPORTANT*****
SLAY THE COMPARISON MONSTER
Comparing yourself to others never ever ever has good results NEVER!
You have a purpose in this life all your  own and it may not be the same purpose your friend or neighbor has. 
Don't limit yourself by wanting to be someone else.

The journey of thanks begins now!!!! 
Negativity no longer has a room in your thoughts.
The room will now be occupied with what is true, honorable, lovely, and worthy of praise. We will think on those things.

Remember, Negative thoughts of today will Produce a negative harvest for the future.

I would like to hear your thoughts. You can keep the conversation going with me on Facebook ,
Leave a comment or email me mukweto (at) gmail (dot) com

See you Saturday for day 2!



9 comments:

Celebrate Woman said...

Ditto on the negative thoughts produce negative outcomes. Thank you for a great reminder for a day and many more to come!

Mama Luvs Books said...

Great post! I definitely believe in the power of positive thinking!!!

Savannah Cooper-Hughes said...

This is a really great post and a good reminder. I have definitely had those negative thoughts in the past, being a mom isn't easy. I have a friend who wants to have a baby so bad, it's all she's concerned with right now, and all I can think is... you have no idea!!!! But, the grass is always greener on the other side right? We have to learn to be happy with what is around us :)

J a c q u e l i n e M u k w e t o said...

Savannah- I completely agree. Contentment with what we have and where we are is key!

Shannon said...

This is a great reminder! I find myself constantly telling myself that nothing is as big as it seems. John is always comparing us to others and saying how he wants a better boat, a better this, a better that. I'm definitely of the mindset that I am happy we have a house, a boat, a four wheeler, etc.. Thanks for this reminder! Luckily I haven't had those thoughts when it comes to being a mom, but I do get envious of people whose husbands are home every day to give them a little break!

Sharon said...

Great post! I went through something similar wishing my daughter was a son - so silly now that I look back on it!

Marika Adams said...

Yes, the comparison monster is the easiest way to diminish your self-esteem

Allyson Bossie said...

I needed this one today. I don't resent my kids, or my life, or even that in many people's eyes my education and awesome grades are a waste because I stay home with my kids. However, we didn't have money for a wedding or a honeymoon. My husband and I have had 5 evenings alone, and that is long enough for either a supper or a movie, not both. All of my friends and his got married this summer and had large beautiful weddings and honeymoons. Boy was it hard not to feel like a chump and hard not to wish and want. But you know what we have? We have a great family, four wonderful kids, and we are happy together. The others only see their kids two weekends a month. I wouldn't trade for the world!

Krystle Smith said...

Very uplifting. I really needed to read about how my purpose may not be the same as other's thank you!

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos