Enemies of the Heart: Book Review

10.25.2011




Enemies of the heart is one of those books that made me evaluate my attitudes and thoughts about various events and people in my life.
It really opened my eyes to unhealthy emotions hidden in my own heart.


With that said I want to make it clear that Enemies of the heart is not a self-help, 4 steps , How to make all your problems go away kind of a book.


This book, written in a conversational style, leads you to think about your hearts attitude toward circumstances. 
Andy Stanley Describes in perfect detail the reasons We often feel anger, jealousy, and Greed. He describes how harmful these emotions become when they go unchecked.


He not only exposes the dangers of these emotions, but he gives us the tools to begin the journey towards conquering those enemies of your heart. And yes we all have them.


This book is very well written and kept my interest all the way to the end. I even went back and re-read and underlined things I needed to stick in my own heart.


I recommend this book to anyone who is hurting, or has been hurt in the past, knows someone that is hurting, or will be hurt in the near future. Enemies of the heart is a very well written book perfect for those moments in the waiting room, bus,train ride, and can even be used as a devotional or a study group guide. (The study guide is in the back of the book)


Get this book. You will be changed by it.


Forgive.Celebrate.Move forward.



2 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for this review. I have never heard of the book and I will look into reading it. We can all use help in these areas.

Darlene Demell said...

HI, new follower via GFC. I hearted your Etsy shop and want to thank you for liking my Facebook fan page.
Darlene.
http://mylittlehouseoftreasures.blogspot.com

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos