As a part of Breast Cancer awareness several bloggers are talking about Breast Cancer.
I decided to share with you some ways to give support to a friend under going treatments.
Many of these tips can apply to someone going through any painful season of life.
Very Helpful things to Try:
1. Send Cards with words of encouragement
2. Be there to Listen, there is power in presence
3. If your loved one suffering has a yard go and take care of it mow, weed, water, trim etc.
4.Take the person to radiation or Chemo appointments
5. Ask if they have a special movie or T.V show they like to watch and get it on DVD for them to watch during treatments
6. If you are close enough to the person to go to appointments with them take notes for them of what the doctor says.
( they may be too exhausted or emotional and may only catch 20% or less of the doctors instructions)
7. Encourage the children, husband or other family members of the person with Cancer
8. Call and leave an encouraging message
9. Call and offer to do specific things do not just say, " Call me if you need anything"
10. Be sensitive but when appropriate bring a little laughter
11. Bring a healthy meal to the family Not So helpful:
1. Mentioning all the people you know who have died of Breast Cancer. That can zap the hope right out of someone.
2. Thinking you have all the answers. You do not have to have reasons, answers or explanations for their Condition
3. Avoiding the person. Sometimes because we do not know what to do or say we stay away. That's not helpful.
Listen to the story of Margret Ashmore and her Battle and Victory with Cancer.
Join the List of Other Bloggers in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.