Crepe Recipe

8.24.2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Source



I don't know if I ever mentioned this bit of info here before, but French is my native language.  I am not French as in from France but am from a French speaking country. And growing up I had a few French culture influences my home. One of my favorites was and still is Crepes in the morning.
Would like to learn how to make them? Well I am very happy to share....

Let's get started!!!!!!

Your Supplies:
2/3 Cups of Flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Fine Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup of Warm milk
4 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp Vanilla flavor (play around and try other flavors)
2 Tbsp Unsalted butter (melted, and a little extra for frying)


Mix the Dry ingredients first, pour the wet ingredients to the center whip it altogether. Whip till it's nice and smooth with little to no lumps. It will be very runny, not thick like Pancake batter.
I was whipping with a fork can you see it?


Once the mix is nice and smooth put a little dab of butter in a pan and pour a few Tablespoons of mix into the pan. ( I actually use a 1/4 measuring cup and fill it half way and pour till it just looks right, usually not all of it).
They need to be thin but not so thin that they tear apart easily.
Hold the pan up by the handle and use a wrist motion to slightly tilt the mix round and round in the pan till it makes a nice circle in the pan like this.



If you look carefully you will notice in the picture above the edges look a little golden in color. That means it's ready to flip.
Use the spatula and flip it over and it should look like this on the other side. Or some variation of this, if it is burnt you might have your burner up too high, if it is still white It may have been too early of a flip but it can still be redeemed. ^_^

You see the little bubbles. Yup its cooking. At this point I leave them on for a 30 seconds or so and take it off the heat and onto the plate. 

Warning: These are incredibly good! and time consuming. You must make them one by one.


You can serve them as a breakfast item like I do or as a dessert. 
They are good fresh out the pan and warm or cooled off. Ways to serve them
1. plain nothing on them just rolled up and served on the side with some eggs, yogurt or and fruit.
2. put a little Jam in them and rolled them up. Eat up!
3. Fill them with fresh fruit, rolled them up and add a little whip cream or yogurt on top.
4. Make a filling by mixing cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon rind  and powdered sugar, Blend till smooth. Fill them, roll them, add some fruit on top. Pretty and Good.
I have heard of meat, omelet like variations but I have never tried that. If you have let me know what you thought.

Thats it! 
Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Mmmm...these look good, and worth the time to make.

Marilyn said...

MmmMMmmm - Yummy.. I WANT SOME.. :)) How awesome.. I have to try making these sometime. : )

lemonmotif said...

I grew up with my mom making this recipe! Yum. I love Nutella and Bannana Crepes.

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos