Must Read Before Buying a First Aid Kit

7.07.2011


One of the essentials of a Home full of Children is a first Aid kit. You can buy a kit in almost any store in America. They come in many shapes and sizes. Some are small enough for your travel bag and some are as big as a travel bag.

You will notice however that many of the items in the kit you never use. and others you use often, and replace often.

Before you run off to get your replacement I want you to know that many items in your kitchen can serve as your Aids. Kitchen aids, first aid, mommy aid call it what you want! You can make yourself!
WOoo HOOoo!

I will give you the recipe for getting rid of headaches, relief from bug bites, plus more.
So if you run out of any these items often you will find this extremely helpful.
My absolute favorite and easiest to make, and replace is....

Ice Packs.
What you need.
Rubbing Alcohol and Water
recipe: 1 part water 1 part Alcohol
Mix the solution then pour into zip lock bags and put in the freezer
Alcohol does not  freeze so you will have a ready made cold pack in liquid form. If you want it a little more slushy like mix 1 part Alcohol and 1.5 part water.

I use to just put water in a pack and freeze it; but when a child has a bump and you place a hard pack of ice on it, it hurts. This liquid or Slush ice is more gentle, and fluid so it curves around the bump for full coverage.

I even made a little smiley face cover for this little ones icepack. Seems to help the bumps heal faster. ^_^

More first aid solutions
1. For bug bites dissolve 1 teaspoon of  Baking Soda in a cup of water. Dip a soft cloth into the solution and hold it on the bite for 15 minutes or until you feel relief. or make a mixture of 3 parts cornstarch and 1 part lemon juice and rub it on the bite.


2. Get rid canker sores in your mouth by rinsing with a solution of 1/2 a teaspoon of Baking Soda in about 4oz /half cup of warm water. Repeat every few hours.


3. For a headache or migraine take 1 teaspoon of honey . If  you get nausea from your migraines mix 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger in a cup of water. Mix, Drink, Relax. If you are feeling really bold for a migraine you can sniff a tiny tiny tiny bit of cayenne pepper in each nostril.
Just a little ...I warned you.

Last thing, I am making a rug out of all my scrap fabrics so far I just have a piles of fabric. Cutting is coming sometime this week. I will post pictures of the good part of the process as soon as I actually get to crocheting.

Love Well, Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

ginnysaurusrex said...

This is an awesome post! Thank you! :D

BumbleBri said...

HA! This is awesome. I am always trying to look for home remedies. I'm tired of all the chemicals and allergens. Fantastic!

BumbleBri said...

Thanks for checking out my bloy. Makes me happy. Are you into the huge granny square group too?

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos