10 Simple Summer Solutions to BOREDOM

6.27.2011


"I'm Bored!"
Raise your hands if  your children have ever said... "Mommy I'm bored!" or "This is boring!" 


Look around the room all those hands raised...you may now put them down.


I think most parents have heard that statement at one point or another from their children. So, if you answered yes to that question you are not alone. I am going to give you 10  ways to grow your children academically and creatively,  stretch their minds with out losing yours, and best of all entertain them and save your *greens. 


*greens= you know the Benjamin's, chedda, paper, change, bacon, dough its the Cash Money. ^_^
When the young ones claim they are near Death due to boredom suggest or do the following


1. Tell them to write a Diary or Journal.
This will improve their writing skills
It will teach them how to express and explain their feelings
They will learn more about themselves as they look back at old entries
If they write prayer requests and dreams they can look back at  how God has answered


2. Create a Time Capsule or Box. Put pictures, little happy meal toys, catalog clippings, notes, whatever in it. Seal it, put the date on it and put it away. Put it in a place that you will not be tempted to open it often. It's really fun.
A year, or 2 or 5 years later when you open it. Preferably on a day they say, "I'm bored" They can see just how much fun they had being bored years before


3. Visit or take a walk through a part of town you don't live in. 


4. Go camping by Creating a massive tent in the living room, eat snacks, tell stories and sleep in the tent.


5. Tour a radio station, or military base.


6. Go feed at a soup Kitchen or Homeless shelter.


7.  Give each child a camera and tell them to take pictures of the day from their perspective. 
My daughters view of dad from her seat.
Take them to get the pictures developed. Take a day to create a photo journal. 


8. Share a family problem or any problem with your children and unify as a family to solve it. for example: Painting a room, beautifying the yard, saving money to pay a debt, cleaning the car, making a meal for someone who is sick, or just had a baby or lost a loved one.


9. If you are waiting in a long line, or in the car for a long time. Create a story about people or objects around you. Make up acronyms with license plates. or Write a wish list.


10. Go feed ducks.
I have to let you know these work for me because I have established a few simple things with my little peeps. Call me a tough mama but this is deal. When it comes to entertainment for entertainment sake They know 3 things.


1. If you don't want to have fun go to Bed. I don't beg them to join the party.
2. You were not created to be entertained. Entertainment is a privilege not a right.*
3. I was not created to entertain you. 
Whoop there it is!


*Don't Panic my kids play a ton! Organized play, Free play, Play dates etc. 




Am I a tough mama?
Will you be trying any of these tips?
Do you have any Simple Solutions to Boredom? 
Please do share!!




7 comments:

Marilyn said...

"You were NOT created to be entertained" .. LOVE it.. This post is awesome not to mention I LOVE you opening picture.. Great capture ;))

Natalia Lynn said...

Love the three little things! That's great! I am going to remember those for sure!

Tracy said...

Tough mama? No way. You sound like a wonderful mother. Thanks for the great post.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop has grown for the better because of your participation. Thanks for linking up this great post!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I like #7 - giving a child a camera. It is interesting to see what is important to a child and what they want to remember. Great ideas!

Thanks for linking up with the Fun in the Summer Sun Party!

Jill said...

These are all great ideas....I often suggest #1 when mine are bored! I also like #7 ~ I love seeing the pictures they choose to take! Thanks for linking up for some Fun in the Summer Sun!!

J A C Q U E L I N E said...

Jill- 7 is also my favorite.

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos