Dress a Girl Around the World

5.15.2011

Recently I taught a little sewing class at my church. I don't really feel like I was teaching because most of the ladies knew what they were doing. I was there as a guide, for those who needed some sewing technique refreshers, and help their machines. I decided that we should make something to give so that our time can be spent for the benefit of others, as well as ourselves. We decided to make a few pillow case dresses for Dress a girl around the World. Ladies of all ages were there and it was a great time. These are a few of the dresses we made.


One of my favorite
Prints

Design

Thanks to all the ladies that participated in this sweet little event!
You Can read a little more about the Dress a girl organization on my Craft for a cause page.
Thanks for your time.
Remember to live in the moment not by the clock.


Do you have an organization you enjoy giving to?


5 comments:

Jayne said...

They look fantastic! Love that little pocket. What a good idea. :)

Nicole said...

I agree with Jayne, these are very cute little dresses. It's nice to be able to re-purpose something like a pillowcase.

Yes, I have an organization that I enjoy giving to. It is called the Organization of ME!

Psyche, just kidding, lol.

I like to support the World Wildlife Fund when I can and want to find a good organization that supports providing educational supplies for children.

The Madlab Post

J A C Q U E L I N E said...

Organization of ME! -Nicole- you are too funny!

Marilyn said...

You are SO super talented.. I NEED TO LEARN how to sew in-depth sometime.. : ) )

Auto Title Loans said...

I love that first pattern, too! I am not much of a sewer, but I do dedicate books to the library who disperse them to children who are lower-income. I find it elevating and a great gesture, even if it's a small on.e

Ava

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos