Blogging tips

5.10.2011

Crochet YO-YO


Here is how I made these Yo-Yo's. They are really easy and work up fast. I made these two into headbands for my girls. But sometimes they wear them as necklaces and they look cute. They can also be used as Ties on Gifts, embellishment on a bag , clothing, and as a face scrubie. So here is my variation of the crochet Yo-Yo. Enjoy!
Chain 4 and join to make a ring
Chain 4 19 double treble crochet in the ring ( this video shows you how to double treble crochet but your pattern will not look like this one in the video yours will be round because we are doing them into the ring)

Decrease  Double crochet 2 together (d2tog) 8 times
video by www.CrochetNCrafts.com
you could stop here but to close the hole more I decreased by single crochet 2 together (sc2tog)
until the hole was shut. Then join and cut off.
To make the head band after I joined I did not cut off .  Chain to the desired length of the individuals head and join it back to the yo-yo then cut off.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!

Remember there is not Limit to what man can do if he doesn't care who gets the credit!

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Those are so cute!

Sara said...

I like... :)

Fabric Bows and More said...

Cute idea! Come and join my linky party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

Sylvie Créative said...

So nice!

Sylvie Créative said...

Lovely! I try it and I tell you ;)

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you today!
- Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Sylvie Créative said...

I did it. Four times in rose and yellow and to be continued. Thanks a lot! My post for you ;)
What I am asking is how you get the yo-yo flowers without any blank space between the double treble crochet? Perhaps sewing two yo-yo flowers together? I'm so curious ;) Thanks again Mukweto.

Sylvie Créative said...

Thanks for your answer Jacqueline. I've seen what happened ;) I forgot to decrease ;) that's why my yo-yo puff was more a wheel than a yo-yo puff ;) Have a nice Sunday!

Fabric Bows and More said...

Cute! Come and join our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/