31 Days of Drawing Near to God

5.23.2011


Thirty-One Days of Drawing Near to God: Resting Securely in His Delight 

31 days of Drawing Near to God by Ruth Myers is a Daily devotional book. It's not a typical devotional book, it is a little more like you are reading a journal or diary of experiences with some scriptural references if you want to go deeper. The end of every Daily read offers a short prayer for the particular attribute of God described in the Devotional.
This might be a good devotional for someone who gets highly motivated by others personal story. 31 Days is an easy read and a great introduction to God's character and how he has worked in the authors life. It is a small book,so it makes for excellent carry to read on the go.
I like that the Book goes through God's Character but it was difficult for me to read because the personal stories felt drawn out. Sometimes I found myself thinking get to the point!! It had to put the book down several times because it just was not written in a way that kept me interested.

I was given this book free by Multnomah Publishing. The opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

EvA. . . said...

Hi Jacqueline, Nice to meet you! My name is Evelyn & i have a blog called delight-in-jesus.blogspot.com
I saw your sponsor post over at Vintage Gwen and decided to stop by! Love your crafts! Wish i knew how to crochet! :) Very pretty! Love your cute lookin blog. oh and that book looks pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing! P.S. happy new follower

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos