L is for Life

4.14.2011

Hello Ladies and Gentle dudes!
Today we have a guest blogger Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode.  Her blog is full of beautiful photo's from France,  great step by step make up video's, a Monday link party and some crafty tutorials. Natalia is going to share a little about her Life as an American in France........
Voici Natalia...




L

iving in France
Hello everyone!  Thank you so much to Jacqueline for having me, it is such a pleasure!  I have enjoyed getting to know her through this lovely blogger world!  I was so excited she approached me for a guest post, and she gave me a few letters to choose from, I really couldn’t decide.  Then she mentioned ‘Living in France’ which I do, so that is perfect!  So come, pack your bags and fly away with me to a little village called L’etrat in the Rhone-Alps region of France.
My husband, #14
In case you are wondering, my husband is a professional basketball player (a basketeur, in French) and he plays professionally here.  I am American born and raised in Southren California and my husband is Bahamian, born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas.  And we ended up in France.  C’est bizzare!
So let me give you a little insight into living in France.  I will start with a few negatives so I can end on the positives! 
·         Soooo many people smoke.  I do not like the smell of cigarette smoke.  Bummer for me.
·         I don’t have a dishwasher.  *GASP* I know and it stinks. But most houses do not. It is considered a luxury. (our house is probably over 100 years old. yep.)
·         You have to bring your own bags and bag your own groceries at the store.  I can’t tell you how many times I have forgotten my bags and had to buy new ones.  We have way too many grocery bags!
·         They don’t have the same diet coke as in America.  And that is a serious bad for me!!
Okay so that wasn’t too bad. Now on to the good!
·         There isn’t a sense of ‘keeping up with the Joneses’ here.  Most people live in apartments, others in very reasonable houses. The super wealthy live in Paris mostly and pay a load for a not so huge place.   It’s refreshing coming from the LA area!
Our little house
·         It is beautiful.  Love the scenery, love the houses, love the old chateaux. Beautiful!
A chateau that happens to be owned my the church I attend in California
·         It is so close to everything!  This year I have been able to go to Paris, Switzerland twice, Milan, and London.  And I love to travel, so it is perfect!
phot taken by my mom
·         There isn’t as many fast food places here. I always loose weight when I come here because there isn’t a starbucks on every corner or every type of fast food. (don’t get me wrong, I love it when I am home, but it is nice to feel so healthy)
Annecy, MUST SEE if you are in France. Beautiful!
·         My 4-year-old who is in school now goes to school from 8:30 to 11:20 break for two hours for lunch and goes back from 1:20 to 4:20.  I love it because I get breaks and her gets to go to school, but we still get to have lunch together everyday and there is never school on Wednesdays!  (how do they still test higher than our American schools?) It is so great for family time. Love it.  Oh and it’s free.
So living in France isn’t as glamorous as it seems, but it is fun.  I love it here.  And in case your wondering, the people aren’t super rude (except in Paris).  The people in my town are nice! It has been easier since my French has progressed to the point that most of the time I speak better French than they do English.  That is helpful!
And this is my little family. Please excuse my son wearing a scarf.
  I have no idea what happened here. He has a mind of his own!
Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit to France and I hope you come by for a visit!  Thanks so much for reading!
Natalia
--------------------------------------------------------
Merci Natalia! 
The trip was wonderful! Visit Natalia at Ma Nouvelle Mode for some more pictures of her 'hood'.

The word for today is "Life"

Hebrews 13:5 

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, 

for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."






4 comments:

Misha said...

Sounds lovely, Natalie.

:-)

Marilyn said...

Lovely Post Natalie.. :))

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

ohhh we had a dishwasher in our house while i was in france. lucky i guess!! haha

Nicole said...

Great post! I am sure it's been an adventure but you will look back and treasure this time. Your son's school sounds great! I would love that schedule!

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos