A is for Amigurumi, Apples, and Answer

4.01.2011

Welcome to day one of the A to Z challenge.  I hope you enjoy the little ride!
 So lets get started with the letter A
A is for Apple.
Did you know that Apples Protect the heart, prevent constipation, blocks diarrhea, improves lung capacity, and cushions the joints? Well it does! Make sure you have an apple today.



A is for Amigurumi- Amigurumi is the Japanese art of Knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. It is the combination of two Japanese words Ami meaning knit or crochet and nuigurumi meaning stuffed doll.
via


and for a little french...
L'art Japonais du tricot ou du crochet de petits animaux de creatures anthropomorphes.


Truth is I have never tried amigurumi. Reason being I do not like to crochet things just for show I need it to be useful. So until one of my children decides they really want a handmade toy of this kind I probably will not make any stuffed animals. It is however very fascinating to see what others are making  and learning  the different ways crochet is used.


if you are interested here are some Amigurumi Blogs:


pdf  amigurumi crochet pattern  Bunny rabbit ,welcome to sell the finished item
source
Get the entire Collection of 9 Japanese Animals Amigurumi in ENGLISH
Via

Do you amigurumi? 


This Post was brought to you by the letter A.
A soft answer turns away wrath.
Proverbs 15:1








   

7 comments:

Jayne said...

Hello! What a lovely post for 'A'. I now feel the need to get some apples for lunch! :)

Have featured your blog as one of my A-Z highlights today. :)

allison said...

I love the cute little Toy Story alien! I don't know how to crochet, but I'm getting better at knitting and would like to be able to knit toys!

Sylvia van Bruggen said...

I love your blog, and your amigurimi are very cute! Never got to make them :)

Fellow A to Z-er passing by!

jabblog said...

Delightful rabbit! I haven't crocheted for years and all my grandchildren are too old for tiny toys now. I'll have to wait until another one comes along . . .

Myne Whitman said...

I love the amigurimi, though I never heard of them before. I'll be checking those links for more.

Cool blog, I came over from A_Z challenge.

Eileen Bell said...

Nice to know apples really ARE good for us! And nice to meet you. (A-Z person here.)

Shelley said...

Love your A for the day. Cute animals. Thanks for stopping by.
Shelley

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos