Flower, Fleur, Flor, Fiore

4.07.2011


Bonjour a Tous!
Hello Everyone!
Today is F for flowers. Does your part of the world have flowers every where? If so, count yourself blessed! If  not,  no worries our guest writer today has a fabulous little solution for you! Marilyn is going to show us how to make cute but easy spring flowers...Take it away Marilyn!




Paper Spring Flowers.


I’m really excited to be here with you all today at Chez Mukweto. I’m Marilyn from
The ArtsyGirl Connection. Mother of my two spunky kiddo’s, a bit of a craft’a’holic,
and sorta new to the blogging world. I enjoy creating practical things to charm up
my home and as a loving gesture, light up a smile for those I cherish and hold dear
to my heart. I love the endless possibilities of the twists and turns in making
new things and sharing broader ideas to make them even better; this is where
I picked up blogging and have remained fascinated by all of you out there with
the talent to create, share and inspire through craft and creativity….

Spring Paper Flowers

I absolutely LOVE spring and get really excited about all the lovely flowers that
bloom within those months. I have a few in my yard that I faithfully pick and bring
inside to light up our home. They wither away too soon however, so although
I enjoy them while they last; I result to making my own flowers that stay
fresh for a while, until I practically store them away with the seasons change.

Here's a quick tutorial of one of my favorite easy and quick "Paper
Flower Fix" that I turn to for fresh and lovely flowers throughout
the year. It’s a Martha Stewart Inspiration I picked up a few
years ago that I doubt I’ll ever let go of. Isn’t she GENIUS? ; )

"Spring is when you feel like whistling 
even with a shoe full of slush."- Doug Larson 



A Lovely Spring Flower Tutorial.

Artsy Items Needed
*Two sided craft sheets
(I like to use a heavier weight paper but 
you can use normal craft paper as well)
*Scissors
*Pencil
*Glue or Double-Stick Tape

Lets Spring Up Some Flowers…

Step 1:
Draw spirals on the individual sheet of paper of paper you picked for your flowers.

Photobucket

Step 2:
Gently cut out the spiral using your drawn out lines as your guide
(They far from have to be perfect, as long as you get the spiral shape)


Step 3: 
Crumble Your Cut Out Lightly..



Step 3:
Begin rolling up the spiral from the outside inwards.
Take your time to get a nice not too lose roll.
Photobucket
Keep rolling…
On
And ON...........
And On 
until there’s NO more paper left to the spiral to roll.

Photobucket
Step 4:
YES --- SURPRISE---You are Really ALL DONE!!
Once Your paper spiral is all rolled up - You end up
with these lovely and adorable flowers..
Stem your flowers to branches, add them to a pretty table scape, 
create pretty and fun bouquet or even attach them to a note, 
letter or keepsake. I used various craft paper to 
create a few flowers and sprung up the kitchen table, 
by adding them to dried branches in a vase..

Photobucket
VOILA – A refreshing and easy cute bunch
of spring flowers blooming with love within your home…


I sincerely appreciate you having me here at Chez 
Mukweto Jacqueline, and hoped you enjoyed my tutorial.

 Photobucket




Thank you Marilyn for the simple, creative Idea to brighten up our homes! 
Love it! Love it! Love it! Thanks for coming over!
Do not forget to visit Marilyn over at The Artsy Girl Connection!

This post was brought to you by the letter "F"
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16




12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Dropping by and following you from the UBP11. This looks wonderful,fun and easy! I can not wait to try it with my little girl! I hope you'll drop by, I can't wait to read more of your posts!
momsmustardseeds.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Thanks SO much for having me again Jacqueline.. I sincerely appreciate being here and LOVE collaborating with you.. Thanks again.. It's a pleasure..

Shelley said...

I might have to start making the paper flowers because the weather we are having here is preventing the little pretties from coming up.
Cute post.
God Bless,
Shelley

Elizabeth said...

What a great tutorial!!!! Thanks!!

Elaine said...

That's sooo cool!!!!!!!

Tammy @ Type A said...

very cool. thanks for sharing this at my party!!

Susanmeep said...

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you like to follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

Haddock said...

Wow, such an easy and simple way to make it.
Or on second thoughts it may not be all that simple when I try it :-)

Pamela said...

Awesome and the tutorial makes it seem so easy. I can't wait to try it.

I'm a new GFC follower from the Friday blog hop.

Jan said...

Very pretty flowers! Maybe I'll try to make some more with your tutorial...my first ones that I attempted ended up in the trash.

New follower. :)

c.w.frosting said...

Great tutorial! Will have to try this! Following from Homemaker on Dime =)

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

You are so artistic! The flowers are lovely. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos