Tea Cups and Tiskets

3.22.2011

         
Welcome Fiona Hayward from Teacups and Tiskets
Fiona what"s your blog about?

A bit of a mixed bag really.
I started to crochet recently, so love to share what I am making, learning or attempting.  I have one or two small tutorials on there – my plan is for that to grow.
I have been involved in various arts and crafts over the years, so I generally share a variety of things, like painting (folk art mainly), stitching, etc.

I’m also into trying to live simply (ish) and healthy.
I sometimes talk about my garden, herbs, the dog, my village – whatever is going on really.

what inspires you to blog?

Life.
Nature.
Sunshine
Birds, flowers, an inbuilt need to share the creative urge.

What could you do all day everyday and twice on sunday?

If you asked me that on each day this week you would get a different answer.  I like variety.
Oh, I know – drink tea.
What is your story in one paragraph or less.

I am a Scot who moved to Australia when I was 15.
I’ve been married to my husband for 23 years. I have a daughter, Pru, and a son who has gone on to be with the Lord.
My brain never stops, there is always something to do or learn.
I have a tendency toward the old-fashioned, the quaint, the village life.
God is the centre of my life.

Do you have a shop? What do you sell?

No. I don’t sell anything at this stage.



What is your favorite childhood memory? 

Trout fishing with my dad in the streams on our local hills (when we lived in Scotland).
He used to do what was known as ‘tickling’ the trout.

what is your favorite childhood book?

Mmmmm, that's a hard one.  There was a few.  I did really enjoy the ‘What Katy Did’ series.

Whats in your player?

It could be anything from soft jazz, to celtic, to classical, to Christian speakers,

What are your top 3 favorite blogs?foods?

Salmon and trout.
A good cup of tea
Mashed potatoes

What is the most interesting or odd thing about you?

A passion for learning all sorts of things.
I taught decorative painting for years, wrote 5 books on it. I am a trained remedial massage therapist and currently studying aromatic and herbal medicine and taught myself how to build websites, which I used to do for a living.
My family are used to me (it took years).  They hardly bat an eyelid when they came home to find me in the kitchen cooking dinner, whilst learning biblical Greek.


What is your solution to a bad day?

Pray.
Drink tea.
Get in the sunshine.
Dig in the garden.
Call a friend for a long chat (with tea)



Thank God for awesome friends!
Thanks Fiona For stopping by my place.

                                                        

1 comment:

Natalia Lynn said...

So nice to meet new bloggers! Love it!

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos