Hope

3.24.2011

I am participating in a little writing challenge . I am not a professional writer so... The challenge for this week is to write a poem about HOPE and what it means to you. Here it goes....






Hope

Hope is in the HOME...
...When you watch your child give, or act sacrificially for another without your prompting and you suddenly realize you might just be doing something right...
there is hope



Hope is in OVERCOMING...
...When you finally speak up and speak out about your private secret, deep hurt, or personal prison only to look around and realize that many others are being set free by your voice...
there is hope


Hope is in PRAYER...
...When you pray for God to work a miracle on your behalf and you think He hasn't*  and yet you have perfect peace...
that is hope


Hope is in Eternity...
Hope is knowing that this world, and all that comes with it does not last forever, the best is yet to come.
there is hope




Psalms 19:14

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart 

be pleasing in your sight, 
LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


* God is at work, and He is good and He is just, but sometimes he does not always do things the way we want Him to. He can always see the bigger picture we often can not see.

18 comments:

Mom Hearts Pinot said...

This was great! I really enjoyed this poem :-)

Anne said...

Wonderful poem! So creative.. I love how you used each of the letters in the word HOPE to inspire your poem:)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love this! It is filled with wonderful truths.

Katie said...

Beautiful Post!

Danielle said...

This is a fantastic post! I agree with everything you wrote, but sometimes it is hard to remember! Thank you for sharing.

Visiting from Mama Kat's.

Karen said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Stopping in from Mama Kat's! :>

Monica said...

Beautiful! I think you definitely have a knack for writing ;)Thanks for sharing

Visiting and following from The Girl Creatives blog hop

Monica @ http://ellabellabutterfly.blogspot.com

leslie@gleaninggrace said...

I really like it!
I'm not a poet either, though I chose the same prompt this week. I did a lot of scratching out words and phrases just to get what I got...
I think yours turned out great!

Jen Daiker said...

This was incredible! You had nothing to worry about. It was beautifully written!!

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Creative Blog Award and Inspiring Blog Award.

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

~Deirdra

Patricia said...

I love hope is in prayer. Thanks for this wonderful poem. A new follower

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Lovely poem! Thanks so much for linking it up to my Catch a Glimpse party!

Belly B said...

Beautiful poem! :) I loved it.

Belly B
http://www.papertiaras.com

Jenna said...

beautiful and true. thank you for sharing it with us!

Karen and Gerard said...

Love your poem--especially the last stanza! Thank God, because Jesus lives we have hope!

Stopping by from writer's workshop: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-we-make-each-other-crazy-writers.html and
http://karenzemek.blogspot.com/2011/03/memorable-neighbor-who-scared-us-away.html

God bless!

Marilyn said...

This is BEAUTIFUL.. I LOVE IT.. I really would LOVE to participate in challenges like these.. Do you network with other's for participation..? Could you please give me some info as to how to enter the challenge..? TY -- LOVE this post..

J A C Q U E L I N E said...

For the writing challenge go to http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/
for the blogging A to Z challenge in the month of April go http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/p/sign-up-for-to-z-challenge.html to enter. Hope that Helps Marilyn

Grace Baxter said...

What wonderful reminders of the Hope we have through Christ. Now you're a poet, and you didn't even now it! Ooops, there's another poem. :)

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos