My American Girl

2.01.2011



My oldest just turned 8. So it means I got to retell her birth story a few times.This is the story behind her lovely birth mark by her eye. When I was pregnant with her I did one of those hospital tours like every first mom does ^_^.  Well, the tour guide talked about hospital SECURITY the
WHOLE entire time. Special locks,alarms, bracelets  etc. I started to wonder why all the high tech stuff for a Mother baby unit? So I asked and the person told me it is because people try to steal babies. WHAT!?  Freaked me out!! So at 22 years old and pregnant I started having awful dreams about my baby being switched at birth or stolen etc. It was stressful! A good friend of mine reminded me to just pray. 
So, I did.
I prayed that God would remove my fear, or allow me to recognize my baby so if she is switched I will know. ( because at the time all babies looked a like to me). So fast forward to the delivery room, she came out left hand first and held the doctors hand while they suctioned her nose, as soon as they pulled, or I pushed her out they showed her to me. I saw the thumb shaped birth mark, and I smiled for a brief moment (before the aggressive stitching began) and thought thank you God, I definitely will recognize this baby!
So she loves to hear the story of the day she came into this world and how God put his thumb print on her face. 
( She knows it is a birth mark  and not his actual thumb print but she likes the fact that God took the time to make her unique and beautiful).
She is becoming an amazing young lady. She is thoughtful, intelligent , helpful and extremely creative. At just 8 years old she is doing amazing things....


Sewing....


and completing the project...

Braiding   Bread



Very beautiful!


and Tasty!



These are Dolls I made for her party. She helped me stuff each and every one of them. 
At the party the girls drew the faces on, and dolled them up with scarfs, bows, purses and other fun sticker bling.


Good Job Girls!

Happy Birthday American Girl!










15 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing that. Looks like everyone enjoyed the party! ;-)

the momma (aka Shannon) said...

what a great story!
love all the little dolls too :o)

The homebodies said...

Beautiful story! Very cute dolls too!

-Rochelle

Learn2Sew said...

That is a beautiful story. I can relate to your story. I have a birthmark on my face (under my eye and across my cheek) as well. I would tell my story but it may freak some people out. LOL!

All.Natural.Hutchesons said...

What a wonderful story! And a GREAT birthday idea - making dolls for them to dress up?! What fun! Oh to be a kid again....

You are so wonderfully creative Jacqueline, everything you create is a masterpiece, including and especially those 4 little ones :)

amy2blessings said...

Hi,
I'm your newest follower from FBH. I love the dolls and the braided bread. Have a blessed weekend:)
April

Sachiko said...

You are such a nice mother! Those dolls are wonderful!

Clara said...

I wish I was able to attend that party and get one of your dolls. Adorable. Your daughter's story is beautiful and so is she.

Mrs. E said...

Hi, I'm following back. Cute dolls & the bread looks yummy!

Andrea Moberly said...

What a fun story :) Your daughter is beautiful, and its very obvious how much you love her! Those dolls are super cute! Do they have a pattern?

Tammy said...

man she's the package! crafy and pretty, and cooks! wow. good job mom! thanks for sharing this at my party. i'm your newest follower!!!

By the Bluegrass said...

Ahhh, I love that story! Happy birthday to your pretty girl. And your bread looks sooo good and the dolls are precious!
xo,
Sena

Donnie said...

Happy Birthday to your special American Girl. She is beautiful and talented.

Marilyn said...

Love this post :))) So cute!!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

OK, that is an all around wonderful and touching post!!


I would love if you would share this at our Playdate at: http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-and-improved-playdate-link-party.html

Cheers!
Lori
http://beneaththerowantree.com
COme & Play! :: Playdate

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos