Let the Love Drop!

1.20.2011

I don't know about you guys but after watching the news my heart gets a little heavy. I start to feel like there is more bad then good going on. Earthquakes, Floods, Violence, Hunger, Poverty and the list goes on. 
This is truly a fallen world. But in the midst of this fallen world there is Hope and plenty of good going on.
I started thinking and you know We can be a part of that hope, part of the good and drop some love.
As my little contribution towards loving through action. I have been working on crocheting some Items for this incredible project called LOVE DROPS.
Every month the Love Drop community comes together to raise as much support and awareness as we possibly can. It starts on the website - LoveDrop.us, gets spread across the entire love drops network of blogs, continues through the forums where all our members are brainstorming, and finally lands on the front steps of our recipients. Literally.

At the end of every month, Nate and J$ show up in the town the people live in to deliver this pile of goodness. The money, the gifts, the services, everything! It's all on film, and it all ends with an amazing outpouring of love. And then it starts all over again the next month. Help them, and their flagship partner, Kona Grill, make this first drop in Chicago amazing!

This project is all about coming up with creative and fun ways to make a difference in someones life.The first drop will be for Jill and her family. Watch this Video.

There are so many ways you can help here is how:
  • Join the team - Become a member by paying whatever you want. Even $1.00.
  • Join the blogger network - Blog about Love Drops it REALLY helps spread the word (which in turn helps the families!
  • Give a gift or provide a service- I will be giving handmade items, you can also give gift cards or whatever you think would help the family.You get to be as creative as you want to be.
      
    Lets have some fun and Drop some Love!


    This post was brought to you by the letter "L"

    "Love never fails..." 
    1 Corinthians 13:8

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great idea!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment today!

~Jennifer

J. Money said...

Wooo! Thanks for spreading the news! :)

Julia & Cori said...

Love this idea, thanks for sharing!!

The Mommy Teacher said...

Hey Jaqueline! The Love Drop is awesome! Thanks for sharing it! My husband and I are going to pray about it see where we would fit in! I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day:) I had a question about your bread maker that makes jam...I have been looking for a breadmaker (preferably used), and am researching if people like theirs....I'd love to hear your thoughts about yours.
Thanks! BlessingS:)

Polly said...

Thats a great idea! Thanks for checking out my blog! :]

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos