10 Best Patterns of 2010

12.21.2010

 Lovely ribbon blouse/dress

In no particular order


1. Dear My kids e-patterns
These sewing patterns are easy to follow. Modern comfortable clothing for women and children. Completely beginner friendly. Customer service is excellent, excellent, excellent!






2. Aaron Matthew
NEW Beanie Pattern - The Scotland - Fall 2010
Picture from Aaron M etsy store
These crochet Patterns will take you to a new level in Crochet. I like these patterns because of the great detail. The instructions are very clearly written and end results are rewarding. I wouldn't say these are the best patterns for a beginner crocheter, but hey have it in your stash for when you are ready for a challenge.



3. Made
Dana's Patterns are fun and inspire creativity.
Picture from www.dana-made-it.com
I like that the patterns have picture tutorials and alternate methods if you do not have a serger. If you are beginner her tutorials are also extremely helpful. ( I learned many of my sewing techniques there)


4. Mamachee
Easy, Easy to understand and follow patterns. Most of her patterns also whip up pretty fast. Great for beginners and makes you feel like a pro. She also has free patterns on her blog go explore you'll see just how fun they are.


5.Heidi &Finn
Picture from Heidi and finn blog
Stylish clothing for kids. Patterns are super easy to understand and follow. Only thing is I wish these patterns came in Larger sizes, most of them go up to a 4t or 6t. I have asked if they will design in larger sizes but I have not gotten a response yet.


6. Sew Liberated
If you need the instant gratification of and Emailed pattern these patterns will not meet that need. but Its worth the wait getting the pattern in the mail. I got the Huck Finn hat pattern and I really like it. and its one I got for my boys. I have not gotten great pictures of the hats I made but go to the site and see the Hat.


7. Whole Grain Baby
One of my favorite dresses to sew up for the girls, is the Raglan shift dress pattern I purchased from whole grain baby. Its so fun to make in an hour or so you can have a dress made and ready to wear.


8. Lil Blue Boo
This legging pattern is another quick pattern to sew. So you've made a dress and realize you do not have leggings to match pull this pattern out find something knit to re-purpose and Viola! and outfit is born.


9. Toddler Back Pack Pattern
I got this pattern to grow my sewing skills. At the time I was new to sewing so  it was hard but after making it once, the second time was easy.




10. Jackie Moon
Shell Scarf Hoodlet Crochet Pattern
picture from www.madewithlovebyjm.com
This pattern designer has a unique style I really like. The patterns range from beginner to advanced and they also offers several free patterns.


3 comments:

Jacey said...

Thankyou for a great list of patterns, always looking for more inspiration.
Have a great xmas.xx

Judy said...

Thanks for the great list. I am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you did because now I found your blog. I have decided to follow you. I'd love if you would follow me back.

Carole in the UK said...

Jacqueline,
I am so excited. Thank you so much for these great sewing ideas, especially the back packs one. I have been thinking of ways that I can earn extra money and you have certainly given me an idea.
I am so delighted that I have been ‘hooked’ up to you,
God Bless you more, Carole

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos