So You Want To Be In A Craft Show

11.29.2010


Happy Monday Everyone!
I mentioned before that I will be doing my first ever Craft Show December 4th. I have been doing some research to get Ideas on how to do the show well (As well as a first timer can do). These are tips I found helpful in order to preparing for, and to have a successful craft show.These tips are assuming you have already found a show,have been accepted, and now you are preparing for a wonderful day of sales.
My clothing tags
These are just a few helpful tips.
1. Make sure you have plenty of Marketing materials. Have things like Business cards, Postcards, mailing list, and other marketing tools like pens, pins etc.
Remember YOU are also marketing material. Dress the part.

2. DO NOT GO INTO DEBT!

3.Make sure everything is priced. EVERYTHING! or Easy to read signs.

4. Bring a friendly friend. Because lets face it not all creative people are super Extroverts.

5. Practice setting up your table at home to see what it will look like
Quilted Cards easy to make use this tutorial


6. The supply list I would not have thought of
Paper
Water
Packet of Tissue
Hand Sanitizer
Camera
Wipes
Snacks
Tape (every kind)
Pens
Bubble Wrap/ Tissue paper
Any required Licenses
Sales slips
Mailing list sign up sheet
Cushion for you chair
Directors chair is best
Weights
Zip-lock bags
Fully Charged cell phone
Of course don't forget your handmade Goods! ^_^
Baby Hats I made using Tara's  pattern


I found a pretty amazing post that gives excellent tips from start to finish about craft shows.

You can find the post here at Mermaids Closet enjoy and get inspired. 

All the best to all of you Crafters and Artisans that are in the middle of Craft show season!



This post was brought to you by the letter "S"
Proverbs 31

13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. 

17 She sets about her 
work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks. 

24 She makes linen garments and sells them, 
   and supplies the merchants with sashes.


Who is she?
The wife of noble Character

 

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Great tips! Thanks!

I think having the prices on products is so important. A lot of people don't and it definitely keeps me from buying things when I feel stupid asking how much everything costs.

Chris said...

These are awesome tips. I am so impressed that you are doing a craft show. Best wishes!

feltsocute said...

Best of luck! I recently did my first show, and a tiny hint I would add is to have a small bowl of candy on your table ~ it helps encourage people to stop by and look! :)

Elizabeth said...

Great tips! I am doing a show this Saturday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I am a new follower! Love your page :)

Hope you'll come visit me
http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Kate
xoxo

Skye said...

http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog!
Please follow back!

Miranda said...

Oh man, those baby hats are so cute! Following from Wandering Wednesday! You can find me at http://mangoesandchutney.com and http://mydayzerochallenge.blogspot.com

Casey said...

HI, I am following you from Wandering Wednesday. I hope you have a good day!

http://caseysgoodlife.com

Design It Chic said...

Hey there Jacqueline! Great tips and your clothing tags are cute:) Best of luck with the show! I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to stop by our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have on Elizabeth and the surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Wednesday!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great blog! I'm blog hopping and am now following your blog! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Tiffany said...

Awesome tips, thanks. Once all my kids are in school I hope to get back to stuff like this. I am your newest follower from Its hump day! Stop on by
Tiffany @ Wyatt Family Farm

Mizzreviewlady said...

I am now following you from blog hop wednesday please follow me back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/ thanks

Just Married with Coupons said...

Best of luck at your show! Fun! I am a new follower and hope you will come and visit us too at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

Have a great day!

Mommy B said...

Great ideas!!

New follower, found you on the Happy Hump Hop! Visiting from The Adventures of Mommy B

momnivore said...

Thanks for the tips! (I am a budding etsyian and hopefully future renegader...)

I also love your ode to coffee below...

Following you now... (from PP blog hop)

-Nicolette

Hope to see you back @
http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com
*create*parent*nourish*

Dewi Citra said...

Congratulations !
Wish you best luck, great sales & a lot of attentions on your first craft show

About the craft show, the Handmade Marketplace book is a very good source for preparing a craft show

Citra

Dewi Citra said...

Btw, I'm your new follower :)

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos