Back to School

9.07.2010

My four year old is going to Pre-School this year!
And I just do not have the words to express how very excited we both are about this new adventure. ^_^
In our home with every new adventure comes a new crafting opportunity. 
(well crafting for me..With four children fresh new Ideas are constantly rolling in). 
This Idea came from Elianna believing that school is not school without a pink backpack and a new dress.
And so  she asked if I could make her a bag and some dresses. Without hesitation I decided I would try my hand at making her a little back pack just her size. (and some dresses a little later on) 
I think it turned out pretty nice.

 I got the pattern for the bag from Made by Rae .


Since I was on a roll I also made a messenger bag  for my husband.

 The concept for this bag I got from Anna Maria Horner's

Have a wonderful Day Discover something new today!

This was brought to you by the letter "E"
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17 
                                                      

4 comments:

SS Firedancer said...

Jacquie,
I love the back pack. You have inspired me to make a portfolio bag for my larger paintings. Thanks
Have a blessed week, Firedancer

Mary said...

LOVE that Bible verse!

Great job on the bags! I'm sure your daughter will be so proud taking her custom backpack to preschool! I really like those polka dots.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Tea Rose Home. Both bags are excellent, they look well made. I liked the zipper on the flap of the messenger bag. What a great idea! My heart soared when I read the scripture, I just love to come upon a craft blog and find out that it is a sister in the Lord. Praise Jesus, you helped Him make my day brighter, thank you!

Anne K. said...

These are absolutely wonderful! What a clever idea with that zipper on the messenger bag flap. Yours are beautifully executed.

Premium Blogger template designed by LucaLogos